Looking for an exact size?
Email us for custom sizes and materials including:
- • Stunning Metal Prints
- • Gallery quality Acrylic Prints
- • Amazing Framed Backlit Prints and much more!
Tell us about your cosmic vision and we'll make it a reality!
Email us at: CustomPrint@BigBangPrints.com
Noachis Terra Dunes
FREE SHIPPING within continental US
Mars has some of the most highly varied and interesting terrain of any of the terrestrial planets, some of it quite spectacular:
• Olympus Mons: the largest mountain in the Solar System rising 24 km (78,000 ft.) above the surrounding plain. Its base is more than 500 km in diameter and is rimmed by a cliff 6 km (20,000 ft) high.
• Tharsis: a huge bulge on the Martian surface that is about 4000 km across and 10 km high.
• Valles Marineris: a system of canyons 4000 km long and from 2 to 7 km deep;
• Hellas Planitia: an impact crater in the southern hemisphere over 6 km deep and 2000 km in diameter.
Much of the Martian surface is very old and cratered, but there are also much younger rift valleys, ridges, hills and plains.